Wikiprojekti:Avoin kulttuuridata hyötykäyttöön/en
Mobilizing Open Cultural Data muokkaa
Mobilizing Open Cultural Data is a Wikidata learning project by Wikimedia Suomi aimed at memory institutions and knowledge organizations as well as wikipedians to learn Wikidata together.
5–7 February Hack4FI
6 November 2015 klo 10.30 am–2 pm First learning session at Yle, with the topic of transition from Freebase to Wikidata in tagging. Hangout event (with no recording eventually), and local hands-on working. Collaborative notes.
Project parts and participants muokkaa
Learning network muokkaa
We invite organizations and wikimedians to learn together. We have contacted organizations with interesting and central open datasets or relevant use cases to learn from.
- Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE: Migrating from Freebase to Wikidata
- Laji.fi: Updating Finnish species names
- Linked Data Finland: Historical place names
- Kuntaliitto Basic facts about Finnish municipalities
- Open science and research
- Finnish National Gallery artist and artwork database
- GIS database of the National Board of Antiquities
- National Library of Finland, Finnish thesaurus and ontology service Finto
- National Library of Finland, National GLAM aggregator Finna
The project is coordinated by a group in Wikimedia Finland, consisting of the project coordinator, a project worker and one or more association actives.
Lessons on Wikipedia muokkaa
Together with the editor community, we build learning modules for both wikipedians and organizations to go through.
We are inviting organizations, hackers and wikimedians to learn together at 2 workshops. The autumn workshop will be held October 2 at YLE Finnish Broadcasting Company, at 10–18. The second workshop will be held in 2016.
Pilot uploads muokkaa
We will conduct several pilot uploads during the project, and document them as learning material. Working with uploads takes place primarily outside meetings.
The content of the lessons and workshops is structured in 4 categories: For anyone, for wikipedians, for GLAMs and about using Wikidata as a reference.
Project starts 1.7.2015 and continues until 30.6.2016. The first workshop will be arranged in the first mutually suitable date. The second workshop will be arranged in 2016. The pilot uploads and documentation continue throughout the project.
- This page is the hub of the project.
- We have a GitHub repository to track issues and to share code.
- There is still a memo https://wmfi.hackpad.com/Wikidata-xxD0UMk6HpW, but it will be terminated once these other channels start functioning.
More info muokkaa
Join learning Wikidata! muokkaa
Sign up for the project on the Finnish page.
Propose topics! muokkaa
You can also propose topics on the Finnish page!